Medina Court was organized as Naja Court No.11 in the Desert of New York, Oasis of Manhattan, on October 11, 1909.
Bessie Little, assisted by Francis Butler and fourteen members formed a chapter which was warranted by Medina Temple No.19, A.E.A.O.N.M.S. of North and South America. Past Imperial Potentate Eugene Phillips (1910-1913), was the Illustrious Potentate of Medina Temple at the time.
Naja Court became a charter member of the Grand Court, Daughters of Isis in Detroit, Michigan in August of 1910.
Dt. Francis Butler, who succeeded Dt. Bessie Little as Commandress, went on to become the eighth Grand Commandress of the Grand Court and the only Past Grand Commandress from this Oasis.
Thirty-six years later, in 1946, after twenty Commandresses had served ~ Naja Court took the name of its Temple and was renamed Medina Court No.11. A new charter was issued and Dt. Lyndall Bailey became the first Illustrious Commandress of the court we know today.
454 W. 155th St. New York, NY 10032